RESOURCES FOR STUDY AND GROWTH
We here at West End Baptist Church like to read books that help us in our understanding of the Bible and biblical concepts. We place the Bible as our number one resource for all guidance and wisdom for living a biblical life that is pleasing to God and gives Him all honor and glory.
However, as humans we realize that looking to those who are older and have more knowledge than we do is a good help in understanding certain passages in the Bible. Therefore, we have put together a list of books that will aid you in your bible study and Christian walk. Each quarter we will list 10 new books, and you may view our past suggestions here.
Top 10 Recommended Books
- The Pursuit of God by A. W. Tozer
- The Pilgrim’s Progress by John Bunyan
- The Gospel According to Jesus by John MacArthur
- All of Grace by Charles Spurgeon
- The Truth of the Cross by R. C. Sproul
- A New Book for Young Theologians by Kelly Kapic
- Family Worship by Don Whitney
- The Holiness of God by R. C. Sproul
- Counter Culture by David Platt
- It Is Well: Expositions on Substitutionary Atonement by Mark Dever & Michael Lawrence